Local Information :: school
Tiffin School became an Academy on 1 July 2011. Until then it was a Voluntary Aided boys' Grammar School with religious character. The original foundation dates from the endowment of John and Thomas Tiffin, merchants of Kingston, in 1638. The School colours also date from that time and the three salmon in the School's crest are a reminder of the long association with Kingston.
The first Tiffin Boys' School opened on the Fairfield in January 1880, and the School moved to its present site, near to the centre of Kingston in 1929. In 1944 the school became a Grammar School and in 1993 changed from voluntary controlled to Grant Maintained. Latterly it has taken up the status of voluntary aided and from September 2003 has become a specialist Performing Arts College. In 2009 the School was awarded a second specialism for Languages.
Queen Elizabeth Road