Marble Hill House was built for Henrietta Howard, the Countess of Suffolk and one time mistress of George II. Building started in 1724 and was completed in about 1729.
The Palladian house was built under by Roger Morris and the gardens laid out by Charles Bridgeman, aided by Alexander Pope.
Now it is managed by English Heritage and is occasionally open to the public and hosts many special events throughout the year.
For more information about Marble Hill Park:
The house is only open weekends from April through October, the cafe is open year round daily.