As 2014 comes to a close, we wanted to share some quick stats on the year that’s gone by.
Articles and events
Not to mention 42 newsletters
Top 20 Articles
Here are the top 20 articles read in 2014. Many of them were written before 2014, but because of search engines, have a long life (tail).
- The Brentford Griffin and Other Mysteries – 7,424
- Richmond Council Flooding Update – 14 February 2014 – 2,214
- The Three Chord Trick Explained – 2,194
- The Sad Story of Sweet Fanny Adams – 1,838
- The Ghost on Richmond Green – 1,819
- Planning: Lidl Supermarket and Travelodge in East Twickenham – 1,702
- The Urban Fox – 1,676
- The Temporary Rules of Golf – 1,594
- 7 January 1928 – The Day That St Margarets Flooded – 1,556
- Bogus Charity Collecting on Thursday 13 May – 1,361
- ‘Bloody Belgians’ in St Margarets in the First World War – 1,331
- Lidl in East Twickenham – 1,299
- My Adventures in Time and Space – 1,293
- 3 February 1959 – The Day The Music Died – 1,288
- Queen Elizabeth’s Ghost – 1,261
- TFL Consultation on A316 St Margarets Crossing – 1,243
- The Crane Park Shot Tower – 1,182
- The Disgraceful Affair at Hounslow – 1,154
- Christmas Day in the Workhouse – 1,153
- The Turning of the Tide – Richmond Lock – 1,002
We have not been the best twitter user this year, but all events and articles are posted, so why not follow us?
No big growth in users, but where we are is fine by us.
How people accessed the site
One trend we have been watching is how many people are now using the site on phones and tablets. This is why we made the site responsive in June, to work better on smaller screens.
|Device Category||% of sessions||% change from 2013|
Well, hope you have a great 2015 and if you want to write an article or promote that local event, please get in touch