Event Reminder: Full of Life Fair 2012
A celebration event for Richmond’s senior residents 10am - 4pm on 2 October 2012
Building on the success of last year’s Full of Life Fair, which was attended by over 500 senior residents, the Council is inviting the borough’s older residents and carers to its annual Full of Life Fair. The fair aims to provide useful information and advice to residents on how to access the necessary support and information to live full and active later lives.
This year the event will also be attended by the new voice for older people’s issues: Cllr Frances Bouchier, the Council’s Champion for Older Residents, as well as well as Richmond’s Deputy Mayor Cllr Lisa Blakemore.
The event will feature a range of informative stalls from local voluntary organisations, NHSRichmond, Live Well Richmond, The Richmond Rambler, the Council and others, offering help and advice on issues such as arts and culture, health, mobility, keeping safe, finance, social care and the activities and entitlements available to senior residents and carers in the borough.
The event is completely free and includes a hot lunch between 12.30 and 2pm. We try our best to cater for all attendees, however this is not always possible, please remember to ask for a lunch ticket when you arrive.
Refreshments will also be available throughout the day courtesy the staff from the Woodville Centre at Ham and a kind donation from the local Greggs Bakery in Twickenham.
- Website: www.richmond.gov.uk/full_of_life_2012
- Location: The Jester Suite, Harlequins Rugby Club, Twickenham, TW2 7SX
- The doors will open at 10am and close at 4pm
- Lunch will be served in two sittings - 12.30 and 1.20
- Interactive sessions and workshops will be provided by:
- Age Exchange
- Richmond Citizen Advice Bureau (RCABS)
- Painting and art workshop with the Council’s Arts Service
- Nordic Walking
- Attendees will also be able to try their hands at Wii bowling or tennis.
29 September 2012 | Category » around town