“Two of Britain’s biggest teaching unions have voted in favour of a strike over changes to pensions, in the first sign of collective opposition to the coalition’s austerity programme.
The ballot in favour of a strike by the National Union of Teachers (NUT) and the Association of Teachers and Lecturers (ATL) is expected to close schools across England and Wales this term, affecting millions of children. The civil service union the PCS publishes the result of its own strike ballot on Wednesday."
— from The Guardian – 14 June 2011
Currently we know the following have announced they are closing, or part-closing on the 30 June.
* St Stephens CE Junior School – closed
* "Orleans Infant School ":http://www.stmgrts.org.uk/directory/school/200506280125 – closed
* Grey Court School – closed
* Archdeacon Cambridge’s CE Primary School – closed
* Richmond College – closed
* Stanley Primary School – only some classes open
If you know of other local schools, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: We have also heard that: Orleans Park, Kingston Grammar School are open.
* 23 June – added Orleans Infant School, thanks Camilla Danson
* 27 June – added Archdeacon, Grey Court and Stanley Primary, thanks Ian, Becky, Kim and Graham